We collect certain data directly from you, like information you enter to register on Femprow, data about your participation in courses, data to receive the physical certificate for the courses and data from third party platforms you connect with Femprow. However, we also collect some data automatically, such as information about your device and what part of our Platform and Services you interact with or spend time using.
We may collect data from or about you, depending on how you use our Platform and Services. When you create an account on Femprow and use the Platform and Services, through a third-party platform, we collect any data you provide directly, including:
You are required to create a user account to use certain features of our Platform and Services, like enrolling in the courses. When you create or update a user account, the information that you enter is collected and stored in our data base, like your email address, password, gender, date of birth and we assign you a unique identifying number (“Account Data”).
1.1.2 Profile Data:
You can choose to provide profile information like a profile name, profile photo, social media profiles or other data, that is viewable by the registered members, instructors and website administrators.
Some parts of the Platform and Services let you share the content publicly or interact with other users like the instructors, posting reviews for courses, asking or answering questions on the Platform. Such shared content may be publicly viewable by others, depending on where it is posted.
When you enroll in a course, we collect certain data like which courses, and quizzes you have completed; your exchanges with instructors and other students if any; answers to questions and any other information submitted to complete the courses.
When you purchase courses and request for physical signed certificates, in order to process your order and payments for those, we collect certain data such your name, address and contact number, provided by you. You must provide certain payment and billing data which includes your name, card information and billing address, directly to our payment processing partners, if you choose to pay online. However, for security Femprow does not collect or store sensitive cardholder’s data, such as credit card numbers or card authentication data.
If you connect your account on Femprow to your social media accounts, we may obtain certain information through the social media accounts. If you login to Femprow via Facebook or another third-party platform or service, we ask for your permission to access certain information about that other account. For example, depending on the platform or service, we may collect your name, profile picture, email address and location.
The third-party platforms make information available to us through their APIs. The information we receive depends on what information you (via your privacy settings or log in permissions) or the platform or service decide to give it to us.
The data listed above is stored by us and associated with your account.
When you access our Platform and our Services (including registration on Femprow, or browsing our courses) we may collect certain data by automated means, including:
Technical data which includes your IP address, device type, operating system type, browser, language of browser, domain, other systems data and platform types (“System Data”).
Statistics about your usage of our platform and Services, including pages visited, time spent on pages or the platform, features used, search queries, courses accessed, click data, date and time, and other data related to your use of our Platform and Services (“Usage Data”).
The data based on your approximate geographic location may be collected and stored like country, city and geographic coordinates calculated based on your IP address.
The data listed above is collected through the use of server log files and tracking technologies, as detailed in the “Cookies and Data Collection Tools” section below. It is stored by us and associated with your account.
In order to collect the data listed above, we may use tools like cookies, web beacons, advertising providers and analytical services. Some of these tools offer you the ability to opt out of data collection.
These Data Collection Tools automatically track and collect certain System Data and Usage Data (as described in the section above) when you use our Platform and Services.
The following type cookies may be used by Femprow:
- Cookies used to store functional settings such as the volume you choose for a certain video.
- Cookies used to enable you to log in and access the Platform and Services, protect against fraudulent logins, and help detect and prevent abuse or unauthorized use of your account.
- Cookies that track your interaction with the Platform and services to help improve them and your browsing experience, remember your login details, and enable processing of your course purchases. These are necessary for the Platform and Services to work properly, so if you disable them then certain functionalities will break or be unavailable.
Some of the third-party partners who provide certain features on Femprow, may also use Local Storage Objects (also known as flash cookies or LSOs) to collect and store data.
We use third party browser and analytics services like Google Analytics, Facebook Analytics, that may use Data Collection Tools to help us analyze your use of our Platform and Services, including information like the website you arrive from, how often you visit Femprow, events within the Platform and Services, usage and performance data. We use this data to improve our Platform and Services and provide information that may be of interest to you.
2.3 Online Advertising
We use third-party advertising services like Facebook, Google’s ad services and other ad networks and ad servers to advertise about our Platform and Services on other websites and applications you use. The ads may be based on information like your Usage Data and System Data (as detailed above) and things these ad service providers known about you based on their tracking data. These ads can be based on your recent activity or activity over time, and across other sites and services, and may be tailored to your interests.
Depending on the kind of advertising services we use, they may place cookies or other tracking technologies on your computer, phone, or other device to collect data about your use of our Platform and Services, and may access those tracking technologies to serve tailored ads to you.
Your data is used to communication with you, troubleshoot issues, secure against fraud and abuse, improve and update our Platform and Services, analyze how people use our Platform and Services, serve personalized ads, and as required by law, or necessary for safety and integrity.
Your data is also used for the following purposes, to:
- Provide and administer the Platform and Services, which includes displaying customized content and facilitate communication with the Instructor
- Process your requests for courses, certificates, information and other features
- To communicate with you about your account, requests and our Platform and Services
- Respond to your queries
- In order to send you emails and messages about your progress, new services, features and newsletters
- Manage your account preferences
- Track your purchase data
- Request feedback from users
- Facilitate the Platform and Services’ technical functioning, including trouble shooting, resolving issues, securing the Platform and Services, preventing fraud and abuse
- Market and administer surveys and promotions by Femprow
- Identify unique users across devices
- Serve personalized ads to you
- Learn more about you by linking your data with additional data though third-party data providers or analyzing the data with the help of analytics service providers
- Improve our Platform and Services, and develop new products, services and features
- Analyze trends and traffic, track purchases and track usage data
- Advertise the Platform and Services on third-party websites and applications
- As required or permitted by law,
- As we, in our sole discretion, otherwise determine to be necessary to ensure the safety or integrity of our users, employees, third parties, the public, or our Platform and Services
We share some of your data with instructors, our partner companies, analytics and data enrichment providers, your social media providers, companies helping us execute surveys and promotions, and advertising companies that promote our Platform and Services. We may share your data as needed for security and legal compliance.
- With Your Instructors: In order to improve your experience, we may share your data (except your email address) with the instructor of the course you enroll in. The data which we may share may include city, country, browser language, device settings and operating system. If we have additional data such as, age and gender, we may share it too.
- With Service Providers and Contractors: We may share your data with other third-party companies who perform services on our behalf, like payment processing, data analysis, marketing and advertising services, email and hosting services, customer services and support. They may access your personal data and can use it solely to provide our requested service.
- With Our Business Partners: Based on your location, we may share your data with our business partners to distribute our Services and drive traffic to Femprow.
- With Analytics and Data Enrichment Services: As part of our use of third-party analytics tools like Facebook and Google Analytics, we may share certain contact information, Account Data, System Data, Usage Data or de-identified data as needed. De-identified data means data where we have removed things like your name and email address and replaced it with a token ID. This allows these providers to provide analytics services or match your data with publicly-available database information (including contact and social information from other sources). We do this to communicate with you more effectively and in a customized manner.
- Surveys and Promotions: When you choose to participate in any surveys or promotions, we may share your necessary data with third parties, in accordance with the rules of the promotion or survey, and as required by applicable law.
- Legal Compliance: We may share your data to third parties, with a belief (in our sole discretion) that the shared information is:
- Permitted or required by law
- Requested as part of a judicial, governmental or legal inquiry, order or proceeding
- Legally valid request or as part of a warrant
- Required to detect, prevent, or address fraud, abuse, misuse, potential violations of law (or rule or regulation), or security or technical issues
- Reasonably necessary in our discretion to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property, or safety of Femprow, our users, employees, members of the public, or our Platform and Services
- During a Change in Control: If Femprow undergoes, a business transaction like a merger, acquisition, or dissolution (including Bankruptcy) or a sale of some or all of its assets, we may share, disclose, or transfer all of your data to the successor project or organization
Femprow is concerned about your safety and security. Therefore, we take appropriate security measures to protect your data against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal data that we collect and store. These measures vary based on the type and sensitivity of the data. Unfortunately, however, no system can be 100% secured so we cannot guarantee that communications between you and Femprow, the Platform and Services, or any information provided to us in connection with the Platform and Services will be free from unauthorized access by third parties. Your password is an important part of the security system and it is your responsibility to protect it. You should not share your password with any third party and if you think your password may be compromised, you must change it immediately.
6. Your Right About the Use of Your Data
You hold certain rights about your data, which includes your right to choose the promotional emails and cookies. You have all the rights to update and cancel your account. However, in case of any queries about your data or right, feel free to contact our support team. For the parents who are acting as a moderator for underage account can also contact us for any query or information.
You may choose not to share certain data with us, but you may not be able to use certain features of the Platform and Services as a result of that.
- If you wish to unsubscribe from our promotional email, you can simple choose the unsubscribe option. However, note that regardless of your email preference settings, we will send you transactional and update messages about the Platform and Services like order confirmation, notices about our policies and others.
- The browser or device you use may allow you to control cookies and other types of local data storage.
In case of any questions about your rights or use of Data, you can contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can access and update your personal data at any moment: For any update or removal kindly go through the following steps:
- Log into your account, by using your log id and password, and update your account details.
- If you have any issues in deleting your account, email our support team at email@example.com
- Even if you delete your account, some of your information may be visible to others such as:
- Comments on any course
- Content shared on third party platform
- Even if your account is terminated, we can still hold on to your data in order to assist and solve any conflict or legal obligation. In order to request access, or delete your personal data, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Whenever we update this policy, we will notify users via email, through a notification posted on the Platform, or as requested by applicable law. Any update in course material will also be notified via email. If you have any queries, suggestions or feedback regarding the change you can contact our support team.